• You cannot reply to this topic

Votc Boba Fett Made Uber Posable Simple job & hey Vio la

#1 User is offline   steel bonnet 

• Foot Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2005 - 05:56 PM

Hi all,

Another of my projects l`ve mentioned to some of you here

Finally showing off the simple & effective way to turn the VOTC Fett into the UBER Posable Boba Fett.

Photo`s first.......

VOTC Fett or is it???
http://www.ofoto.co.uk/PhotoView.jsp?colli...y=1122572921250

"Night Fever Night fe ver"

Closer look at his groin area (oooh errr missus)

Helm off

Well as you can see he has the inner thigh ball section of a Joe. I found a grey set that were close to the VOTC Fett & then reworked the upper area to fit the ball inner thigh into. Then l cut the slit for the arm of both thigh balls.

The wrists & helmet & cloak are off the 300th Edition Boba. The hands are off the VOTC Fett & he`s made so he can switch forearm pods.

The head is a clone though shaved,as l see Boba Fett as someone who doesn`t really remove his helmet & all that wear is a bugger on hair.
the neck cloth is actual cloth so it creases when turned & holds.
Adds that little bit more l think.
Still working on his backpack,so that`ll be up soon.

ja
Steel Bonnet

#2 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:22 PM

Most impressive! :wub:
Draven

#3 User is offline   DPrime 

• Happy to be back...

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:58 PM

That's really cool... I always wanted SW figures with GI Joe articulation, although I can't really complain with some of the newer molds I guess! (Took 'em long enough though!)

#4 User is offline   racer223 

• Zartan

Posted 29 July 2005 - 11:30 PM

thats a really neat idea
to combine the 2
really cool

#5 User is offline   steel bonnet 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:11 AM

Thank`s guys & really it`s not that difficult,just plucking up to do it to a VOTC figure. They tend to be £10-20 over in England :(
Picked up a 2nd though for £5 off ebay so l was happy to try it then :D

ja
Steel Bonnet

#6 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:15 AM

I don't understand Hasbro they make both lines you would think they would learn from themselves

#7 User is offline   Skips 

• Brilliant, but Lazy...

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:20 AM

Very nice!

Wait... He got a haircut! LOL

#8 User is offline   jcjdotcom 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:24 PM

That's an awesome custom. Thanks for sharing. I like how he's bald - it sort of sets him apart from the Clone Troopers.

#9 User is offline   General Grievous 

• Imperial Officer

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:36 AM

well, its cheaper for hasbro to have little articulation, and the know, that no matter what, people will buy their figures.

#10 User is offline   Brian Santore 

• Battle Droid

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:54 AM

Nice job man!

B.

#11 User is offline   The Perennial 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 01 August 2005 - 12:01 AM

WOW! That's incredible! Would you care to go into details on exactly how you did this? I would LOVE to customize some ball-jointed legs on my VOTC fett!

From what I can see, you hollowed out fett's pelvis to make room for the GI joe's pelvis and cut the leg of the joe so that the ball joint would fit onto the VOTC fett leg once you glue it. Did you do anything to the fett legs themselves? Did you dremel them a bit or just cut off the posts? Also, do you know what Joe figure you used exactly?

#12 User is offline   steel bonnet 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

Thank`s very much guys for the very kind words :D

I liked the idea of him being bald so went with that (well anyone who wears a helmet all the time will know it`s not good for the hair...lol). I don`t see him like his dad taking it off as much as he did.
As he said in TWIN Engines...."This IS my face".

As for how did l do the ball joint.

Well l dremeled out the top thigh of his legs to accomodate the inner Joe thighs which are from Slice or Dice (relative new twin pack from the GI JOE line),I used him as the grey is pretty close to Fett`s.
I also used his waist too.

I cracked open the torso & where you have the hole in his back for the backpack peg,l dremelled through into the torso,Using the hole l glued a plastic rod cut so the torso halves would still close. This will be the rod to hold the "O" ring you have on Joe figures.

Then with the waist l added the 300th Ed belt to it,Just cut off the lip of the belt (that went under the originals torso) & slid the belt over the waist. I also removed the Big side pouches which l`m adding cloth one`s so not to hamper the new articulation.

I then carefully carved off the Grion armour & dremeled it smooth & thin to glue onto the Joe groin area & again trimmed it a little not to affect new articulation.

With the thighs,as you pointed out l did indeed hollow out the Fett thighs to fit the Cut down Joe Inner thighs. Dremel out enough so not much of the joe thigh prodrudes from the Fett thigh. Once happy then cut the top of the fett thigh to follow the gap the Joe thigh has for the O ring hook arm to move so the legs can swing out & up.

Then glue the Joe inner thigh into the Fett thigh of course making sure the Hook arm is in place too. Add O rinf to hook,thread through waist section,hook O ring over the rod in torso & then put figure back together adding some glue to secure halves.

There you have it.

The 300th Ed wrist & re-adding the VOTC hands were simple enough. Also the swaping of the cloak was simple too.

Hope all this helps you.

ja
Steel Bonnet

#13 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 01:19 AM

Excuse me while I bow again. @notworthy@
Draven

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us